Senior Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday – Friday (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM + potential weekends)
Work Location: Rochester, New York
The Senior Project Manager is responsible to plan, budget, organize, oversee and document all aspects of the specific assigned project(s) the company is involved with. Senior project managers are in charge of a team to get the job done, and make sure everyone is on the same page at each point in the project. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all day to day activities associated with Contract management of multiple projects as well as adequate communication with the Construction Superintendents and Customer to make sure all needs are meet. The senior project manager will also work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is progressing as planned, as well as other departments within LMC for project related support. The senior project manager has the following responsibilities, but not limited to;
- Communication Skills: You will be required to lead daily, weekly and monthly discussions, both internally and with our customers. Internal and external reporting requirements will also be a part of the communication skills needed.
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often requiring multitasking skills.
- Budgeting/Forecasting: You will be expected to keep and maintain a budget. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you understand where the company’s money is being spent. You will be expected to know where the projects stand financially, in real time and forecast where they will end up at final completion.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work-day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
The Senior Project Managers will report directly to the Vice President of Project Management. He or she will be in charge of numerous project and project managers throughout the course of our work. It is critical for him or her to have a team backed with experience and knowledge to give assistance whenever it is needed. The senior project manager must have professional and thorough communication skills in order make sure tasks are complete on time, on budget by dispensing tasks to applicable parties on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with practical experience or A B.S. In Business, preferably with a Masters of Business Administration
- Project Management Professional certification is preferred
- Proven work experience in a management related field
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including fine attention to details and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office/Teams
- Strong knowledge of Primavera P6
- Strong Knowledge of Project Controls, preferrable including PowerBi
- Project accounting and financial analysis background
In addition to the above minimum requirements, the project manager must also
- Ability to travel to the office and jobsites when needed and spend appropriate time to ensure project stabilization
- Know how to handle stressful situations & great time management
- Work in a team & maintain job safety
- Work with superintendent and foremen to define daily tasks to meet project schedule and budget
- Ensure turnover packages are in accordance with requirements set forth by Company
- Conduct meetings in an efficient manner
- Prepare and present project status and forecasts to upper management
- Prepare and update project schedules
- Material Management oversight– ensure all materials needed are on site and ready to be installed
- Ability to comprehend all civil, mechanical, environmental, structural and electrical drawings
- Give daily tasks to subordinates
- Have and want to be part of a successful project and company
- Competitive pay
- 401k with match
- Best in class benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay