Senior Project Manager
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday – Friday (40 hours/week with potential overtime)
Work Location: Dansville, NY or assigned project site
Salary Range: $45-$52/hr
The Senior Project Manager is responsible to plan, budget, organize, oversee and document all aspects of the specific assigned project(s) the company is involved with. Senior project managers are in charge of a team, and make sure everyone is on the same page at each point in the project. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for all day to day activities associated with Contract management of multiple projects as well as adequate communication with the Construction Superintendents and Customer to make sure all needs are meet. The senior project manager will also work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is progressing as planned, as well as other departments within LMC for project related support.
The Senior Project Managers will report directly to the Vice President of Project Management office and will be responsible for numerous projects and project managers throughout the course of the work. This position must create an experienced and knowledgeable team which will help as needed. The senior project manager must be professional, have excellent communication skills and the ability to delegate tasks so that work is completed on time and on budget.
Essential Responsibilities & Requirements
- Communication Skills: You will be required to lead daily, weekly and monthly discussions, both internally and with our customers. Internal and external reporting requirements will also be a part of the communication skills needed.
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions.
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers and management, often requiring multitasking skills. Schedule adherence will be critical and successfully meeting project milestones.
- Budgeting/Forecasting: You will be expected to keep and maintain a budget. You will be expected to know where the projects stand financially, in real time and forecast the expected financial outcome at final completion.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work-day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with practical experience or A B.S. In Business,
- Ability to travel to the office and jobsites when needed and spend appropriate time to ensure project stabilization
- Know how to handle stressful situations & great time management
- Work in a team & maintain job safety
- Work with superintendent and foremen to define daily tasks to meet project schedule and budget
- Ensure turnover packages are in accordance with requirements set forth by Company
- Conduct meetings in an efficient manner
- Prepare and present project status and forecasts to upper management
- Prepare and update project schedules
- Material Management oversight– ensure all materials needed are on site and ready to be installed
- Ability to comprehend all civil, mechanical, environmental, structural and electrical drawings
- Give daily tasks to subordinates
- Desire to be part of a successful project and company
- Additional, Masters of Business Administration
- Project Management Professional (PMP)certification
- 10 years of proven work experience in a management related field
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including fine attention to details and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office/Teams
- Strong knowledge of Primavera P6
- Strong Knowledge of Project Controls, preferrable including PowerBi
- Project accounting and financial analysis background
- Adhere to internal reporting requirements
- Schedule, Budget, Earned Value and delegating roles and responsibilities
- Comply with all outstanding sections of contract
- Review and analyze risk management as it pertains to change management
- Work up to or over a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work at times, with numerous hours spent in various locations
- Be able to work in in varying temperatures and outside conditions
- Need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform tasks repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: be able to work in constant changing weather and site conditions.
- Work environment will involve exposure to elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or very loud noises.
- The ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, fire resistant clothing, hard hat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements including proper ppe
- May need to pass a variety of manufacture courses to operate various pieces of equipment
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- Ability to drive to and from job sites, sometime requiring full days’ time
- See well at close and far range (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, voice and feet.
- Competitive pay
- 401k with match
- Best in class benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay