The Project Manager is responsible to plan, budget, organize, oversee, and document all aspects of the specific project(s) the company is involved with. Project managers works closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support. Project managers oversee a team to get the job done, and make sure everyone is on the same page at each point in the project. The project manager is responsible for all day-to-day activities associated with a particular project as well as adequate communication with the customer to make sure all needs are meet. The project manager has the following responsibilities, but not limited to.
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts, strive for safety excellence, and make difficult decisions with a primary focus on making the project successful
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers, managements, sub-contractors, and vendors often balancing multiple tasks and objectives at once
- Budgeting: Project managers are expected to define, keep, and maintain all project specific budgets. You will need to allocate and forecast monies, to ensure the project is on budget and will be profitable.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
The Project Managers will oversee many activities throughout the day, so it is critical for him or her to have a team backed with experience and knowledge to give assistance whenever it is needed. The project manager must have professional and thorough communication skills in order make sure tasks are complete on time, on budget by dispensing tasks to applicable parties on the team.
- A B.S. In Business, preferably with a Master of Business Administration
- Proven work experience in a construction management related field
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent Writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including fine attention to details and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Strong knowledge of Primavera P6
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Meet Company requirements pertaining to reporting, change orders, and invoicing
In addition to the above preferred requirements, the project manager must also
- Know how to handle stressful situations & great time management
- Work in a team & maintain Job Safety
- Work with superintendent and foreman to define daily tasks
- Have a want to make your company thrive
- Ensure turnover packages are in accordance with requirements set forth by Company
- Conduct meetings in an efficient manner
- Prepare and update project schedules
- Material Management – ensure all materials needed are on site and ready to be installed
- Ability to comprehend all civil, mechanical, environmental, structural, and electrical drawings