Job Description: Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
Shift: Monday-Friday, 40 hours with potential overtime
Work Location: Dansville, NY
Salary Range: $36-$42/hr
Full Job Description
The Project Manager is responsible to plan, budget, organize, oversee, and document all aspects of the specific project(s) the company is involved with. Project managers works closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support. Project managers oversee a team to get the job done, and make sure everyone is on the same page at each point in the project. The project manager is responsible for all day-to-day activities associated with a particular project as well as adequate communication with the customer. The project manager will report directly to the Vice President – PMO and senior project manager if applicable.
Essential Responsibilities & Requirements
- Leadership Skills: You will have to keep your employees motivated, resolve conflicts, strive for safety excellence, and make difficult decisions with a primary focus on making the project successful
- Time Management: You will be working with employees, customers, managements, sub-contractors, and vendors often balancing multiple tasks and objectives at once. Schedule compliance will be critical.
- Budgeting: Project managers are expected to define, keep, and maintain all project specific budgets. You will need to allocate and forecast monies, to ensure the project is on budget and will be profitable.
- Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical workday. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Communication Skills: Verbal and written communication skills to ensure tasks are complete on time, on budget.
- Ability to handle stressful situations & great time management
- Work in a team & maintain Job Safety
- Work with superintendent and foreman to define daily tasks
- Ensure turnover packages are in accordance with requirements set forth by Company
- Conduct meetings in an efficient manner
- Prepare and update project schedules
- Material Management – ensure all materials needed are on site and ready to be installed
- Ability to comprehend all civil, mechanical, environmental, structural, and electrical drawings
- Purchase order management
- Contractual reporting
- Change order management and invoicing
- Sub-contractor management
- A B.S. In Business or construction management, preferably with a Master of Business Administration
- 5 years of proven work experience in a construction management related field
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent Writing and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including fine attention to details and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Strong knowledge of Primavera P6
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Meet Company requirements pertaining to reporting, change orders, and invoicing
- Work up to or over a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work at times, with numerous hours spent in various locations
- Be able to work in in varying temperatures and outside conditions
- Need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform tasks repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: be able to work in constant changing weather and site conditions.
- Work environment will involve exposure to elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or very loud noises.
- The ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, fire resistant clothing, hard hat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements including proper PPE.
- May need to pass a variety of manufacture courses to operate various pieces of equipment
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- Ability to drive to and from job sites, sometime requiring full days’ time
- See well at close and far range (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, voice and feet.
- 401k with match
- Best in class insurance benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay