Assistant Project Manager
Job Description: Assistant Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week with potential for overtime
Exempt Status: Nonexempt
Work Location: Dansville, NY or assigned project site
Salary Range: $27-$34/hr.
Full Job Description
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting their assigned Project Manager in the planning, management direction, project completion, client satisfaction & Presentations, and financial outcome of assigned construction projects. The Assistant Project Manager helps achieve their respective project management objectives and in coordinating all contractual requirements, design drawings, and project specifications. This position reports directly to the assigned Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Manager.
Essential Responsibilities & Requirements:
- On-Site Project Management
- Project Coordination & Project Controls
- Cash Flow projections and compliance
- Cost tracking and forecasting
- Job Cost Analysis
- Project Schedule Adherence
- Weekly Progress Meetings
- Meeting Minutes and Documentation control
- Contract Administration
- Punch-List Management
- Local Union Agreements & Rates compliance
- Material management and tracking
- Time entry and reporting
- Change management
- Union compliance
- Sub-contractor/vendor coordination and tracking
- Request for information and correspondence tracking
- Superior communication and organization development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and manage cross-functional teams
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Project Scheduling Experience
- Document Control Experience
- Time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment
- P6 MS Project
- Work up to or over a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work at times, with numerous hours spent in various locations
- Be able to work in in varying temperatures and outside conditions
- Need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform tasks repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: be able to work in constant changing weather and site conditions.
- Work environment will involve exposure to elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or very loud noises.
- The ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, fire resistant clothing, hard hat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements including proper PPE
- May need to pass a variety of manufacture courses to operate various pieces of equipment
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- Ability to drive to and from job sites, sometime requiring full days’ time
- See well at close and far range (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, voice and feet.
- 401k with match
- Best in class insurance benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay